Yoga Centers in London (Part 1)
- Similar to Bikram yoga, but it is not as sweltering, its postures flow more smoothly.
- All classes are around 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- There is “The Beast”, which involves yoga in hot room with 38°C.
- Michele Pernetta, the founder of Fierce Grace, has six schools that specialize in a “Fierce Grace”, which is a combination of Hatha, Bikram and Ashtanga yoga.
- It offers hot yoga sessions less than 38°C in portable heated inflatable pods that easily holds 20 people with its own music, heating and lighting system.
Iyengar Yoga Institute
- Airy and light two studios at Maida Vale venue.
- Around 50 different classes each week with 35 people in class.
- Every teacher here is certified by the famous BKS Iyengar Yoga Teachers’ Association.
- Mostly ashtanga-based yoga which has different spiritual elements as chanting.
- The center is in a somewhat hippy style with altars in each studio.
- There are two studios with photos of Indian gurus.
London Fields Yoga
- Classes are in a warehouse apartment and the founder Elizabeth Garvey will be your inspiration!
- Physical improvement, inner balance and relaxation are equally important.
- Improves your flexibility and muscle tone, but is also good for your inner peace and mind.
Shala Yoga Center
- It is located in a refurbished warehouse from the Victorian age in West Norwood.
- It has a long and steady reputation with excellent teachers and amazing vibes.
- It has been running for more than 17 years!
- The studio offers ashtanga yoga classes in a traditional Mysore style.
- There are classes which are meant for the beginners and intermediate yogis.
- You can also participate in all workshops and yoga which helps you go through the pregnancy.
- All the classes are small and take you through the spiritual journey but with physical wellbeing, too.